Wednesday, June 27, 2012


UNIT 7

The Mp3 exercise was very interesting.  I found that it was easier to follow than any other thus far.  I could visualize a mentor better than any other thing I have tried.  I kind of have given it the face a mix of Merlin, Moses, and Charleton Heston, go figure.  I gave a face to my meditation and that was what made it easy.

Using the phrase: "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself"

It reminds me of educating patients as a nurse only to find them back in the ER soon after because they were noncompliant with the teachings or medication regimen.  This could be said of being a nurse and keeping up with the continuing education.  Although it is a part of our licensure many try to slack off and get by.  I keep up with mine through going back to college but many try to get by not doing it.
You have to want to keep up and do the things you should because no one can make you.

3 comments:

  1. lol. The Ten Commandments is my all time favorite movie and you just reminded me of that with bringing up Charlton Heston! He was in his prime in those days. I saw him on a Mardi Gras Float in the 1980's but he was nothing like he was in the movie. I didn't realize nurses had to take college classes for continuing education. I do it also with Real Estate. With the advances and the focus toward holistic I would think that it would be a suggested class for health professionals who want to be progressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I agree with you. Nurses and doctors should keep up with the latest in health care to better services their patients. It's awesome to know that someone out there has gotten into the field of medicine and actually cares about the services they are providing to others. I have found that many people get into their line of work for all the wrong reasons.

    This week's exercise was not a fit for me and neither is meditation. I don't find it helpful but,if it works for you, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. healthcare professionals should always keep their licenses up to date because there is so much going on and it is a constant change going on.

    ReplyDelete