Friday, June 1, 2012

goodness me it's unit 3

Welcome one and all,
I am so happy that graduation is over and I have one more child successfully out of highschool.  Maybe now I can concentrate a little better.  It has been crazy but now it is starting to settle down.
I have answered the questions for unit 3.

1.Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal wellbeing), where do you rate your A-physical wellbeing, B-spiritual well-being, C-psychological well-being? Why?

Based on my reflection I would rate my physical wellbeing a 6 out of 10.  I do this because I have diabetes and high blood pressure.  They are very well controlled but I am still obese and have a tendency to eat for the sake of eating.  I would rate my spiritual wellbeing a 5 out of 10.  I do this because we are in between churches at the moment and I am not satisfied with where I am spiritually.  I do not believe there is a completely right religion.  I believe in God but I think man has skewed some of the writings to his favor at different points in history.  I also feel that I need to connect more with my inner self and find my center.  Find more of my inner peace.  This is related to my stress level.  I rate my psychological well-being at a 5 out of 10 at the moment related to stress with my ex-husband over my middle and oldest children.  I am trying to let things slide off my back but when it comes to my children I am very protective and things get to me more than they should.  If it were not for the graduation, I do not think I would be so wound tight.  My husband has been great and very supportive.

2.Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological).

Physical goal- My husband and I have decide to walk every day for 30 minutes then progress up to 1 hour daily to work off stress.  Spiritual goal- I am going to go to church (different ones weekly) until I find one I like and I am going to start doing Yoga again to find my center.  Psychological goal- I am going to working on breathing exercises to work through stress and anxiety.  Now that graduation is over I will have little to no contact with my ex-husband (hopefully).  I am hoping that this will be helpful.

3.What activities or exercise can you implement in your life to assist in moving toward each goal?

I am going to walk to help work off stress, breathing exercises to help anxiety and yoga to find my center.

4.Complete the relaxation exercise The Crime of the Century. To hear this exercise, click here. Describe your experience. (What it beneficial? Frustrating? etc.)  I fell asleep during the exercise.  I really tried to listen but got too relaxed and went to sleep.  That was frustrating in itself.  I think that yoga may be a better relaxation technique or walking for my ADD.
I hope you all have a great day,
Tammy




1 comment:

  1. I came very close to falling asleep too. But it was 9 at night and after chasing two kids I was exhausted, lol. I am very much in similar rankings with each category and I need to make changes in life too.

    ReplyDelete